The brand new Minnesota Children’s Museum Pop Up Museum is now open at the Mall of America. Thanks in part to a grant from Minnesota Arts & Cultural Fund, this new space will be the perfect place for families to play while visiting the mall!
Here’s a few things to know before you go:
- The pop up Children’s Museum at the Mall of America is located on the 3rd floor of the mall near Sears. So, park near Sears and you’ll be golden.
- Already a Children’s Museum member? Then you’re in luck because admission at the pop up museum is FREE for members. Not a member? Why not!? Admission for non-members is $7.95/person for ages 1-101.
- Use the restroom and change diapers ahead of time. There is no restroom inside the pop up museum so plan ahead and use the bathroom, change diapers and all that jazz before you go play so you don’t have to go.
- There is no gift shop or snacks for sale but the pop up museum is right down the hall from the new mall expansion that will include lots of food options.
- The pop up museum has two exhibits right now: Storyland and Ball O Rama. Perfect for toddlers through early elementary. Future exhibits include: Dinosaurs, Clifford and Curious George.
- The pop up museum is open SEVEN days a week and later on the weeknights than St. Paul.
The Minnesota Children’s Museum Pop Up Museum at Mall of America is NOW open Mon-Sat 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. so be sure and check it out the next time you’re in doing some shopping. The St. Paul Minnesota Children’s Museum will remain open during renovations and is open Tues-Thur 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fri-Sat 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Have you visited the new pop up museum at the Mall of America yet? What do you think?